Men's Monty Hi - Navy/Smoke
It’s true that the Monty is inspired by the light hikers of the 80s, but we wouldn’t go so far as to call it a retro style. We’ve built the Monty on a slim, modern last, we utilize top quality materials, and state of the art manufacturing processes to make them. However, they do have definite analog aesthetic about them. We love the proportions and simplicity of the pattern which mask the real light-hiker abilities we’ve built in. The exposed EVA midsole cushions every step while the TP heel clip keeps you locked in. Our vari-flex lasting board does double duty as a shank to make sure flexion is controlled, but doesn’t sacrifice daily wearability, and it’s also available with a fully waterproof liner. On top of that, did we mention that the Monty comes in both low-top and hi-top (technically more of a mid-top) versions? Talk about versatility.
- High quality oiled suede with DWR coating.
- Ballistic ripstop nylon panels.
- Pewter eyelets & speedhooks.
- Bespoke Ridgemont gum rubber lugged sole for superior traction & grip with impact absorbing eva mid-sole.
- Eva-cush footbed - antimicrobial, lightweight, supportive and super comfy.
- Vari-flex lasting board - stiff in the mid and heel, softer in the toe. Protects the underfoot from sharp stones whilst retaining flexibility in the forefoot for comfort.
- Unisex sizing.
- Standard D width.
Perfect For: Light hiking, Travel, City to Trail
Why We Made It? We couldn't find a half-decent looking outdoor shoe.
Size & Fit
- For Men's Monty Hi - Navy/Smoke we recommend you order a half size up. If you're normally a US 10, order a US 10.5.
- These are a Normal Width (Standard D in technical terms)
Shipping & Returns
Free shipping on all orders over $50. If placed before 12pm your order should be dispatched on the same day (Monday – Friday).
Free Exchanges. Need to exchange size or color? No problem. We'll exchange it for free.
Free 30 Day Return Period. We'll pay for shipping if they don't fit or you change your mind.
Shoe looks great, really cool. Fits true to size. Sole is pretty stiff, hoping it breaks in some. By second day, stitching is coming off a ton in back of shoe. Hope it was just a little, but it’s unraveling more. Same on both shoes.
My third pair of Monty mids, really love these boots so comfortable. Quality has improved over the years, always good but have got better 👍
Comfy and great looking, highly recommend
Second pair of Ridgemont shoes I’ve owned and very happy with them. Very comfortable and hard wearing. Will definitely buy again.
This is my first pair of Montys, though my husband has had probably 5-6+ pairs. I couldn't resist the Blue/Gray/Yellow colorway! They're just as bright and gorgeous in person. I'm typically a 9.5 in Danner boots but went with a 10 for the Monty, as I normally do with boots I haven't worn before. I was wise to size up a half size, but that could be because I have a fairly wide toe box. All in all, no break-in period needed. Comfortable out of the box.